Dear SWIC ladies,
Welcome to another year with SWIC. It is my pleasure to serve as your president this year.
By now, many of you have noticed that SWIC has a new logo!!! We realized in the last year that several companies were also using our old logo so this year we decided to create something unique to SWIC. Dean an art teacher at QSI created a beautiful and unique logo that represents us. Take another look at our logo and see if you can find the meaning of SWIC within the flower? “I see a group of ladies and little ones together”. The design repeats itself over and over, “just like a pebble thrown into a pool of water”; for me this represents how we are growing and blossoming into our community – together. Hope you agree!!!!
The SWIC board and I are planning a great year for you and we encourage your input and suggestions for what kinds of activities and shopping trips that you would like to participate in and we will try to include it in our programs.
SWIC coffee mornings are the cornerstone of our mission to help acclimate new expat ladies to Shenzhen by facilitating new friendships and partnerships and most importantly, connecting the dots between what women want and how we can help you.. Every 3rd Tuesday is at the Marco Polo in Futian (near Coco Park) and 1st, 2nd, & 4th Tuesdays are the Hilton Hotel in Shekou.
The Hospitality team with Tania and Lynn are creating a speaker’s program to include with our coffee morning and you should look forward to notices and sign-up sheets, soon.
The SWIC Welcome Breakfast is this month. Did you buy your tickets? You must add this special brunch to your calendar and grab your friends and plan to attend. Thomas Salg and his wonderful team have planned a beautiful brunch and Lolly Thompson, SWIC VP has created a lovely “Tiffany”-themed event complete with pearls, gifts, and more…..
Go to www.swiconline.com and enjoy the hard work of several ladies led by Devika Bal (Kulkarni) who are learning how to upload information for our SWIC community. There will be new information weekly and your comments are welcome. The biggest and most exciting change for our ladies is the SWIC forum. You will soon be able to post forum items online and get responses sooner than later. Won’t that be nice?
SWIC THIS AND THAT:
Here is some information for our membership that might interest you. There is no particular order.
- Cut-off date for 2013/2014 membership validity is September 22, (the day before SWIC Welcome Breakfast).
- SWIC has a spot at the BackStube shop every Monday from 9AM to 1PM. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to pick up your membership or welcome back breakfast tickets if you cannot attend Tuesday coffee.
- SWIC coffee is a social activity each week for our members – Networking is good – Conducting business is prohibited.
- A Captivating International representative will be selling tickets for their gala event in October.
- New SWIC Website is up and running – however, it still has outdated information. Davika has agreed to update information and to write new content. Be patient – new information is coming soon!!!
NEW SWIC Discount’s – The following are new to SWIC members – Enjoy:
- Toni & Guy (Sea World) 25% discount on haircuts, colors, and hi-lights. Please show your SWIC card to receive the discount.
- Hans Mix (Sea World) 20% off of any beverage, food item, or merchandise. Please show your SWIC ID to receive discount.
- IGOR K (Seaworld) 15% off of jewellery. Discuss with owner if you would like to have a special piece custom-designed.